Wednesday, March 16, 2011

30 day song challenge / day 03 - a song that makes you happy

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Breathless

Music affects my mood, yeah, but not that directly. It's not like I slap a happy song on and all my troubles go away, but this one is as close to that as it gets. At least a smile it'll bring up, sure fire. Nick Cave has written some of the gloomiest songs I know and he's one of the few people that have moved me to tears during a live show, but this little ditty from 'The Lyre Of Orpheus' is just irresistibly cute. It sounds a bit too sugary at first, but there's enough depth in the song to elevate it above empty ear-candy status (this is Nick we're talking about, after all), and maintain it as one of those that get played a lot throughout the years, even without a listen to the whole album. Go on, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment