Tuesday, March 22, 2011

30 day song challenge / day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone

Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
ManOwaR - Courage

All songs remind me of someone, be it Satan, George W. Bush, Stagger Lee or my mom, but I'll try to not be an arrogant prick about this. Actually, I'll run with that mom thought.

I never had many parent conflicts. It might be character building go through that and whatnot, but my parents never gave a shit if I was listening to records with butchered babies or inverted crosses and severed hands on their covers when I was a kid. So, over a quarter of a decade, they've listened to a lot of music I like, mostly blaring from my room when I lived at home still, often in a state of blissful indifference and a few times even enjoying what's playing. My dad has picked up a few cool things from me along the way, but my mom, even if she's into some of the non-metal stuff (she loves Nick Cave and Antony And The Johnsons, bless her) I've shown her, when it comes to metal, there's only been one single song that she actually loves to bits. She happily rides along in my car whether I have Prostitute Disfigurement or Merzbow playing, but when 'Courage' comes on, she takes notice. She knows the lyrics.

So, day 05 - this song reminds me of my mom.

3 comments:

  1. I love this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, awesome! Sure beats the hell out of having strained parent relationships any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete