Wednesday, March 30, 2011

30 day song challenge / day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event

Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
Sentenced - No One There

This song was one of the highest points of an evening I will never forget - the very last Sentenced concert, on their hometown of Oulu in Finland, which I was fortunate enough to attend. Standing there right upfront, some 5000km away from home and even 600km away from Helsinki where I was staying at the time, those words and music washing over me, looking at the faces of those five musicians and those around me, some crying, some just quiet, wet with the fake snow that fell during that song, knowing it was the very last time I was hearing those people play it, struck me in a very lasting manner. The passing of Miika Tenkula a few years later just made it all the more poignant to remember. So here's the video from that very evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment