Monday, April 4, 2011

30 day song challenge - day 08 - a song that you know all the words to

Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to
Celtic Frost - Dethroned Emperor

I know all the words to literally thousands of songs. Along with football trivia, it's the only kind of information I seem to be able to store with any reliability and durability, even the ones I don't want to know. I might not remember your name or what I had for lunch, but play me, say, the opening theme of any stupid show I haven't watched in 20 years and I'll happily sing along as if I wrote the damn thing. So this one was hard to pick. I'm going with this Celtic Frost classic because knowing all the words to it (bad accent included) means there is something in this world that I'm better at than the great Ted Skjellum, aka Nocturno Culto, who needed a little cheat paper to help him along when he performed this with Triptykon at Roadburn last year. He's still the man though, bless him.

I'm in a giving mood, so here are those words, the video from that performance and the original in all its fucking kvlt glory.

See the portal, gate to madness
Locked forever in a veil of shame

Deny extraction - Thirst for disgrace

Watch his break - The emperor's killed
Light of the day - Shadows from beyond
Scaffold of steel - The throne has gone

Dethroned emperor


The foot of the stairs, dimension in might

The king sits, his eyes are glass

Growing of the small - The laughter's fall

Can you deny - Remaining cries?
Descent of the lords - Into the trap
Existence and hate - Unseen gate

Dethroned emperor


No comments:

Post a Comment